POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : thermometer (glassthingie) 98kbbu : Re: thermometer (glassthingie) [61K jpg] Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:11:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: thermometer (glassthingie) [61K jpg]
From: KalleK
Date: 15 Nov 2000 13:38:01
Message: <3a12d809@news.povray.org>
Hi Bob!

> Tried making one myself now.
Nice! The rainbow is a good idea. And it's not a background rainbow, is it?
What is it then?

> "artifact" across it too, lined up with the horizon, but I don't think
it's in
> error.
What else? An effect with the horizon?

> max_trace_level was at 15 and the camera offset from any axis.  The top of
the
> liquid is very prominent too but it's due to the surface tension or
adhesion to
> glass I put there.  Too much exaggeration and reflection possibly.
That's the game with refracting objects. At first I used a rather high
amount of reflection, too - a white object and a rendertime going through
the roof. The former times...

> Needs work, I know.  Just showing what I got when making this same thing.
> had put a heat wave effect near the bottom of the picture but it's an
awful
> attempt.
It is a bit strange effect - the heat wave. How did you make it? a plane
with a gradient y decreasing normal-turbulence?

cukk